Monday 2 September 2013

August Faves

August Faves

I have decided I'm going to do a monthly faves, and a 'middle of the month' faves. I don't mix up my routine enough to do weekly favourites, so I thought this would be best. August has FLOWN by. I don't even know where this summer has gone! I haven't done many interesting things really, just relaxed days, bit of uni work here and there, and when it's sunny, some nice walks in the country with the boyf. Here is what I have been particularly enjoying this month. 


Aloe Vera Gel
Glamorous Alert. I have heard this is good for reducing stretch marks, so this month I have been using it on my legs and hips in the hope that this will work. I have to admit, my stretch marks are less obvious and more smooth, RESULT. I wouldn't call this a miracle product, but I you want a cheap alternative to all those 'miracle wonder creams' that cost about a million pounds, try this. 

Bourjois Delice De Poudre Brozing Powder
When I first bought this about a year ago, I thought it was an absolute waste of space. However, recently, I have realised that with a better brush (real techniques contour brush) I actually quite enjoy this. I have been using it as a subtle contour.

Urban Decay Oz Palette (on particular Spell)
This palette is perfect for me. With the exception of the green 'Jealous' colour, I use all the shadows frequently. This month though, I have been enjoying using the gold half of 'Spell' in my inner corner of my eye. It looks really pretty and makes you look more awake. I also like the black half smudged into my lash line as an alternative to liquid liner. 




MAC Studio Fix Foundation & MeMeMe Beat the Blues Highlighter
This month, I hsve been loving the combo of these mixed together. It gives  nice glow to your skin, without looking greasy. This is probably my fave foundation of all time. This highlighter is a dupe for Benefit HighBeam/Moonbeam/Sunbeam. I really really like it. It is a universal highlighting product. I love how, unlike my MAC MSF in Soft and Gentle, you have the choice of mixing it in with your foundation, as well as using it on top of it. Love! :)


These faves aren't particularly interesting this month. I haven't really bought anything that I have tested enough for it to make it into this months faves. Maybe a few of the skincare items in my last post will be in nexts month's. In fact, I'm sure of it :)

What have you guys been loving this month? Any recommendations?
Hope you've enjoyed this post!

Kelly 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment