Saturday 25 January 2014

Review: Maybelline Gel Eyeliner

 Review: Maybelline Gel Eyeliner

I'll be honest, I'm not a master at gel eyeliner by any means. This is only the second one I have tried, and after hating the Collection 2000 one, I was excited to try one that actually had good reviews.




This cost £7.99 which I think is reasonable for an eyeliner. My first point is that I like the brush that comes with it, it's a good size to be able to do little winged liner, big winged liner, or just a line along my lashes. I also like the colour, a very black black. This liner applies very nicely, looks perfect and gives a really nice finish. 

Despite this looking perfect when it is first applied, I doesn't really stay put for me. Admittedly, I do have oily eyelids, but even with my UD primer potion it smudges under my eyes and onto my brow bone making me look tired and like i have been actually punched. 

I am really disappointed that I don't love this, I had really high hopes. Hopefully I am just being a gel eyeliner novice, and I will eventually get the hang of it and smudging won't happen. We'll see, and I'll let you know.


Can any of you recommend some gel/liquid eyeliners I could try? I am in need of a new one, as my Avon liquid liner (which I really like) ran out, and I was putting all my eggs in one basket with this Maybelline one! I'm linerless until I have chance to go into town!

Kelly 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment